© 2011 by Yorktown Disciple. All rights reserved.
Ten Commandments of Poetry
1. Thou shalt have no other literature before a poem.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven poem images.
3. Thou shalt not take any preeminent poem in vain.
4. Remember poetry day is every day and keep them holy.
5. Honor the birth of all meritorious poetry.
6. Thou shalt not kill any poems of literary veneration.
7. Thou shalt not commit poetic adultery on any poem.
8 Thou shalt not steal dispositional poems.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against poetry.
10. Thou shalt not covet transcendental poems,
thou shalt not covet poetic thoughts,
nor his man servant, nor his maid servant,
nor his ox, nor his ass,
nor anything that is Yorktown Disciple